Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Adalyn's First Week!

We made it through our first week at home!  Time has flown by and Adalyn has changed so much already.  My mom and Brandon were both home with us the first week and were a huge help.  My whole body was sore for the first few days, but now I am mostly sore from my episiotomy and sutures.  I can not do much walking or standing.  I am taking Motrin for pain and inflammation.  My poor feet and ankles are swollen and ugly.  At the end of week one, my feet were back to normal and I could get back into my regular jeans that I was wearing around 3-7 months pregnant.  I am so happy to not have the itchy belly band on my tummy!  I have also been able to wear my wedding band, but still can't get my engagement ring on.  I can't wait to be able to walk and get some exercise.  My belly button has gone back in!  

I am still in awe of the sweet little angel Brandon and I created!  We love to cuddle her and stare at her.  We have made a great parenting team.  Brandon is great at soothing Adalyn.  She loves when he plays with her legs, rocks her, and rubs her tummy.  These same tricks do not work for me.  He is also a great diaper changer!  We have been napping during the day when she naps so we have some energy for night time.  We have just been trying to soak up every precious moment.  

Adalyn is doing great.  She loves to eat!  Her birth weight was 7 pounds 14 ounces.  When we left the hospital, she weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces.  At her first pediatrician appointment on Day 4, she weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces already!   She is a great sleeper during the day, but likes to be awake around 2-4 am.  She is a sweet and happy baby.  She does cry when she needs to be fed or changed and she can scream!  Her very angry cry sounds like a donkey.  She is a gassy girl, who can make a serious fart.  She enjoyed her sponge baths as long as we kept the bathroom nice and warm.  

All about Adalyn:
Age: 1 week
Weight: 7 pounds 13 ounces (Monday, March 4th)
Length: 19.5 inches
Eye color: still blue right now
Hair: brown hair, longer in the back
Sleep: She sleeps more during the day and is wide awake between 2 and 4 am.  
Eating:  She eats every 1.5 to 2 hours.  She is a great nurser.  
Favorite things: She loves to cuddle, swing, sit in her bouncy chair, and ride in the truck.
Milestones: Newborn pictures with Bella Posa!  She had her first sponge bath at home.  We started using our cloth diapers during the day.  
Outings: We have only been out to the pediatrician and to visit Daddy's work so far.  
Words/sounds: She grunts, farts, and burps so far.  And of course, cries when she needs something.  
Nicknames: Nugget (I started calling her this when I was pregnant), Nuggles (because she loves to snuggle), Princess
Funny moments: Trying to get baby clothes on can be interesting.  Getting the hang of diaper changing is also comical, but no big mishaps yet.  

Photos by Bella Posa:





No comments:

Post a Comment