Sunday, February 17, 2013

End of Week 38

I didn't get a chance to take a picture this week.  I have been too busy nesting.  The laundry is done.  The nursery is organized and everything is put together.  I painted and hung up her name.  I just finished my latest Pinterest project, a bow and headband holder.  

I went in for my NST and OB appointment on Thursday.  Everything looks great!  Baby girl is still head down and doing well!  Her head is engaged in my pelvis.  I was 75% effaced and almost 2 cm dilated.  I have had a few contractions here and there, nothing really painful yet.  I do get some pretty serious sciatic nerve pain occasionally though.  I also had my appointment with my Gestational Diabetes doctor.  She said that my glucose readings still look great and there is no need for insulin!!  I just have to continue to watch my diet.  I do not have to go in for any more appointments until 6 weeks after baby is born.  At that time, she will repeat my 3 hour glucose test.  

I have been busy making freezer meals this weekend for after baby girl is born.  We have also been cleaning up the house and working on last minute baby stuff.  I have been walking to try to get little girl to come out, but she seems pretty cozy.  


How far along?: 38 weeks
Total weight gain?  20 pounds 
Baby is the size of a:  pumpkin (let's hope a small one)
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:  This week she is losing her downy hair and has a firm grasp.  Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside of the womb. 
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  
Stretch marks?: No! :)
Sleep:   I have adapted to only sleeping for an hour or two.  Then, I have to change positions and usually get up to go to the bathroom.  
Best moment of this week?: Listening to Adalyn's heartbeat.
Miss anything?:   Bending over easily. 
Baby Movement/kicks?: She is still a busy little girl!  

Food cravings?:  I had diet A&W Root Beer yesterday. YUM! I still love Root Beer.  Other than that, no real cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope.
Belly button in or out?:  It pokes out sometimes, depending on how she is laying.  
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy most of the time.
Looking forward to: Adalyn's arrival.  Cupcakes, Milo's Sweet Tea, Thin Mints!
Symptoms I have:  Heartburn is much better with her turned head down and dropping lower.  I have occasional sciatic nerve pain.   
Next Appointment:  Tuesday, Feb 19 for an NST.  Wed Feb 20 for an OB appointment.  Thursday Feb 21 for an NST.

No comments:

Post a Comment