Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week 39


We are at 39 weeks now!  Baby girl is due in 2 days.  She seems very cozy in there with no real signs of coming out anytime soon.  I am ready for her to come out now!!  Everything is ready and we are all ready to meet her!  I am becoming impatient, even though I know it won't do any good.  

I have had a few little contractions, but nothing serious.  I lost my mucus plug (gross, I know).  At my OB appointment this week my cervix was still about 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced.  The doctor stripped my membranes (separated them from the cervix) to try to stimulate labor.  That was over 24 hours ago and nothing has really changed.  I am really hoping she decides to come out this weekend. The doctor said if she hasn't come by my appointment next Thursday he wants to induce on Friday.  So we are hoping she comes before then!  

Here are the pictures of my latest projects.  A headband/bow holder and her name.   
 






How far along?: 39 weeks
Total weight gain?  21 pounds 
Baby is the size of a:  mini watermelon
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:  This week she is continuing to build a layer of fat to help regulate her body temperature after birth. 
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  
Stretch marks?: No! :)
Sleep:   I have adapted to only sleeping for an hour or two.  Then, I have to change positions and usually get up to go to the bathroom.  
Best moment of this week?: Listening to Adalyn's heartbeat.
Miss anything?:   Bending over easily. 
Baby Movement/kicks?: She is still a busy little girl!  

Food cravings?:  Nothing really.
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope.
Belly button in or out?:  It pokes out sometimes, depending on how she is laying.  
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy most of the time.
Looking forward to: Adalyn's arrival!
Symptoms I have:  Heartburn is much better with her turned head down and dropping lower.  I have occasional sciatic nerve pain.   
Next Appointment:  Friday, Feb 22 for an NST.  Thurs Feb 28 for an OB appointment.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

    - Emma

    emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete