Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 34

Week 34 is done!  We are still chugging along!  This post is a couple of days late, because I had food poisoning yesterday.  Yuck!  Being really pregnant and really sick is not fun.  Probably wouldn't be fun if I wasn't pregnant either.  Luckily, I still had some of my anti-nausea/morning sickness pills left.  They were life savers.  After about 16 hours of misery, I woke up this morning feeling much better and able to eat again.  

This week I have done a lot of nesting.  I washed baby clothes and hung them in the closet.  Washed blankets and other goodies which went in to the dressers.  I also put together the swing and Lamb bouncy chair.  We got a closet organizer and small toy box.  Brandon had to build the shelving/organizer for me :)  Then I got to organize my closet a little bit, which makes me extremely happy.  I love keeping busy by preparing!  I still have to wash our cloth diapers to get them ready and I need to start packing our hospital bags to be prepared.  I have a list for our hospital bags ready though! 

My glucose levels are still looking pretty good.  I have an OB and diabetes clinic appointment next week.  I am hoping Adalyn has decided to turn and be head down now, but I guess we will see.  I am still doing my workouts on the treadmill and my pregnancy cardio video.  

We also did some indoor maternity pictures with Bella Posa this week.  Kristy is amazing and I can't wait to see them!  We are still hoping for some snow (unlikely) to do outdoor pictures.  They will still be incredible without snow, but I just think for a winter pregnancy there should be snowy pictures!  


How far along?: 34 weeks
Total weight gain?  ?
Baby is the size of a:  butternut squash
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:   Baby girl is approximately 18 inches long (according to the book).  Her hearing is fully developed now.  She can recognize and react to familiar songs.  Adalyn and I listen to a lot of Carrie Underwood (Blown Away), The Band Perry (Better Dig Two), and Luke Bryan.  She is a country girl already.  She does seem to move a little more when we are jamming and singing :)
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  
Stretch marks?: No! :)
Sleep:   Sleep has still been in short bursts this week, only about 1.5 to 2 hours at a time.  I have had a little better luck this week.  I am practicing my deep relaxation techniques from Lamaze class.  They are great for putting me to sleep. I am still having to get up to go to the bathroom every hour or two.  
Best moment of this week?: Getting the nursery ready! 
Miss anything?:   Deep breaths 
Baby Movement/kicks?: She is still a busy little girl!  I love to watch my belly and see her moving around.  

Food cravings?:  Mexican food as always!  
Anything making you queasy or sick?: No, aside from my Red Lobster food poisoning.  
Belly button in or out?:  Pretty much flush with my belly.  It pokes out sometimes, depending on how she is laying.  
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy most of the time.  And tired.  
Looking forward to: The weekend. 
Symptoms I have:  Heartburn has been conquered by Zantac!  I have had some pelvic and lower back discomfort.  
Next Appointment:  January 22nd with OB and Jan 24th for the Diabetes clinic.


No comments:

Post a Comment