Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 35

Week 35 was rough!  I was exhausted all of the time and just wanted to sleep.  Of course, I couldn't sleep well, so that did not help.  I was stressed this week, because baby girl is still breech.  I am terrified of having a c-section, which means I have to have an epidural too.  I have a peaceful (needle-free) natural birth planned! We all know that babies don't read the plan, but a little help from her would be nice!  I am trying to come to peace with the idea of a c-section in case it is necessary, but sometimes it gets to me.  I know the important thing is a healthy baby no matter how she gets here.  

This week I saw a different midwife (mine was at a conference) and she scared me about baby girl being breech still, having to turn her, and the possibility of a c-section.  Adalyn has a a good heart beat and rate still.  We had another brief ultrasound, just to confirm that she is still head up.  They also checked and said I have an adequate amount of amniotic fluid.  At my appointment next week, I will see an OB instead of a midwife.  At this point, if she has not turned, they will discuss an external cephalic version to manually turn her from the outside.  Sounds scary to me, but we will talk to the doctor and get more information.  My blood glucose readings still look good, so no insulin still!  

I have been doing multiple exercises to help baby girl turn.  Most of these involve either hanging upside down from the couch or elevating my pelvis well above my shoulders so that she can get her legs out of my pelvis and turn.  Our midwife also recommended heat/music/light on my lower abdomen and cold on the top where her head is to encourage her to move toward the warmth/music/light.  I know it all sounds crazy, but if it works, who cares!  So far, she just curls up sideways to get away from the cold, but does not turn all the way.  Monday (Jan 28th) I go to the chiropractor for an adjustment called the Webster technique.  "The late Larry Webster, D.C., Founder of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association(ICPA), developed a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment which enables chiropractors to establish balance in the pregnant woman's pelvis and reduce undue stress to her uterus and supporting ligaments. This balanced state in the pelvis has been clinically shown to allow for optimal fetal positioning.  With a balanced pelvis, babies have a greater chance of moving into the correct position for birth, and the crisis and worry associated with breech and posterior presentations may be avoided altogether."  Again, may sound crazy to some, but I am willing to try it!  Less stress on me and baby girl.  

We have done some more nesting this week.  Brandon put up the tree sticker in the nursery! It is adorable!  I organized some more and washed all of the newborn cloth diapers.  


How far along?: 35 weeks
Total weight gain?  19.5 pounds (I didn't gain anything this week)
Baby is the size of a:  coconut
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:   This week her growth is mostly plumping up.  Her kidneys are now fully developed, and her liver can process some waste products.  
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  
Stretch marks?: No! :)
Sleep:   I have adapted to only sleeping for an hour or two.  Then, I have to change positions and usually get up to go to the bathroom.  
Best moment of this week?: Getting the nursery ready.
Miss anything?:   Deep breaths 
Baby Movement/kicks?: She is still a busy little girl!  

Food cravings?:  Mexican food, cheese, and milk.  
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope.
Belly button in or out?:  Pretty much flush with my belly.  It pokes out sometimes, depending on how she is laying.  
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy most of the time and some stress.  
Looking forward to: Katie visiting next weekend!!
Symptoms I have:  Heartburn is mild with the Zantac, but is starting to occur again.   
Next Appointment:  January 30th with OB and Jan 31st for the Diabetes clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment