Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week 28!!

28 weeks.  Baby shower in Alabama.


We are now finished with week 28 and into the third trimester!  Seems like it has gone fast.  I am still feeling great.  I have moments of exhaustion, but haven't been sick or in pain (thank goodness).  We drove to north Alabama this week to visit my vet school roommate and have my Alabama baby shower.  The trip was easy and uneventful.  We had a great visit and a fun shower, even though we were missing a few good friends!  Brandon and I both hated to leave.  

Adalyn is very active!  She becomes more active when I read her books, but especially when Brandon talks to her!  I guess she gets tired of listening to me all of the time and likes to hear daddy!  She doesn't like it when I try to have Brandon feel how hard she is kicking me.  It's like she knows when he puts his hand there and she stops moving.  She is rotten already!! 

Bad news for the week, my 1 hour glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes came back high.  I don't know how high, but now I have to go back for the 3 hour glucose tolerance test.  Ugh!  For this test I have to fast, then have my blood drawn for an initial check, drink the nasty drink again, and proceed to have blood drawn every hour for 3 hours.  I am not excited about 4 blood draws in one day.  I am also scared of the possibility of having gestational diabetes.  


How far along?: 28 weeks
Total weight gain?  ?
Baby is the size of an:  eggplant
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:   Baby girl is approximately 2 1/4 pounds with a total length of 14 3/4 inches (according to the book).  This week the brain is forming the characteristic grooves and indentations, as well as increasing in size.  Her eyebrows and eyelashes are now present.  Her body fat is increasing under the skin, making her plumper and rounder.  
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  They are so much more comfortable!  
Stretch marks?: Still no! 
Sleep:   Continuing to get better at sleeping on my side.  I still have to get up once or twice to pee.  
Best moment of this week?:  Getting to see my Alabama (vet school) friends that I do not get to see enough!    
Miss anything?:  Being able to paint my toenails.  I do not like naked toes, but I can't reach them anymore!  Brandon had to paint them this week.  Not perfect, but better than naked toes!
Baby Movement/kicks?: A lot of movement!  She is a busy girl.  It is fun to talk to her and feel her move.  

Food cravings?:  Milk and sweets!
Anything making you queasy or sick?: No
Belly button in or out?:  Just barely in still.  
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy!
Looking forward to: My Kentucky baby shower with friends and family this week!  
Symptoms I have: A lot of heartburn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment