Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week 27!


We are already at the end of week 27!  We are now in the 3rd trimester! It is hard to believe.  I am still feeling great, although Brandon and I have had horrible colds this week.  It is not fun to be sick while pregnant, because you can not take any decongestants or cough medicine!  We have survived and are starting to feel better.  I had my monthly OB appointment this week.  Everything looks great!  Adalyn's heartbeat was in the 150's and she is measuring perfectly.  I had my glucose tolerance test, so hopefully that turns out normal.  I survived another blood draw without passing out!! 

We finished the nursery this week and got the furniture set up!  Now we just need a mattress and a glider.  It was fun to do a little nesting.  
Molly is already on guard/nanny duty! 

How far along?: 27 weeks
Total weight gain?  4 pounds this month, 16.5 total
Baby is the size of a: rutabaga
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:   The retina is beginning to be sensitive to light.  From here on, the baby will be able to sense bright light.  Her lungs are continuing to develop.  She now inhales and exhales (amniotic fluid) for practice.   
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  They are so much more comfortable!  
Stretch marks?: No!
Sleep:   Continuing to get better at sleeping on my side.  I still have to get up once or twice to pee.  
Best moment of this week?:  Feeling her move is always a highlight!  Finishing painting and setting up furniture in the nursery was fun!
Miss anything?:  Being able to bend over!
Baby Movement/kicks?: A lot of movement!  She is a busy girl.  It is fun to talk to her and feel her move.  

Food cravings?:  Milk!  
Anything making you queasy or sick?: No
Belly button in or out?:  Just barely in still.  The top half is starting to poke out. 
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy!
Looking forward to: Going to Alabama for my baby shower at Jen's house! 
Symptoms I have: Heartburn.    




No comments:

Post a Comment