Sunday, December 23, 2012

Week 30!

We have made it through week 30 now.  I hope that these last 9 weeks continue to fly!  We still have a lot to get and a lot to do, but I am already tired of checking my glucose 6 times a day!  I met with the doctor for my gestational diabetes, she said so far (only a week of glucose checks) that things look good, and at this time she is not adding any medications.  There is potential for me to require insulin as I progress in the pregnancy, but I am hoping not.  I have had my fill of needles!  So I am still counting carbs and balancing my meals.  No cereal, little to no sweets ( I can have a small cookie or brownie with a meal), and no sweet tea!  I have already told Brandon that I want a big fat cupcake and a jug of Milo's sweet tea at the hospital after Adalyn comes out :)  

Adalyn is very active.  She moves a lot and has started to look like an alien in my tummy.  It is pretty fun to watch my tummy move now.  It freaked Brandon out the first time he saw it, but now we both find it amusing.  


How far along?: 30 weeks
Total weight gain?  ?
Baby is the size of a:  Cucumber/head of letttuce
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:   Baby girl is approximately 3 pounds with a total length of 15 3/4 inches (according to the book).  This week baby's grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.  
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  
Stretch marks?: Still no :)
Sleep:   Sleep is ok.  I have had some crazy dreams and a few nightmares this week.  I have to get up two or three times to pee.  
Best moment of this week?:  Alien baby movements!
Miss anything?:  Sweets and cereal.  I have been eating eggs and toast everyday for breakfast and I really want some Cheerios!  Also, being able to bend at the waist.
Baby Movement/kicks?: A lot of movement!  You can see her shifting from side to side and pushing on my belly.  

Food cravings?:  Milk and Mexican food.    
Anything making you queasy or sick?: No
Belly button in or out?:  Pretty much flush with my belly.    
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy most of the time, except when I am pouting about not being able to eat cookies and cereal.  
Looking forward to: Christmas!  
Symptoms I have: A LOT of heartburn.  And it is more frequent throughout the day, not just at night!  
Next Appointment:  December 26th 

No comments:

Post a Comment