Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Week 29!!



 Week 29 was a busy week!  We had the Kentucky baby shower this week!  It was great to spend some time with my friends and family.  We had a lot of fun and Adalyn got a lot of goodies.  I also got to go see The Nutcracker Ballet with my mom.  It is one of my favorite Christmas memories from my childhood.  I can't wait until Adalyn is old enough to enjoy it as well.  

I had my 3 hour glucose test this week.  It was not fun at all, but I survived!  The orange drink made me so sick this time.  I spent a majority of my time lounging in the lab's reclining chair for blood draws, because when I sat upright I got faint.  Unfortunately, two of my four results were a little high, so I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  Now I get to check my glucose with my own glucometer 6 times a day.  Again, not fun, but I am surviving.  I have an appointment with the diabetes nurse counselor to decide what needs to be done based on my glucose curves, December 19th.  I'm hoping to control it with just diet.  I have been busy counting my carbs and balancing my diet.  

How far along?: 29 weeks
Total weight gain?  ?
Baby is the size of an:  acorn squash
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:   Baby girl is approximately 2 1/2 pounds with a total length of 15 1/4 inches (according to the book).  This week baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing under her skin.  She is starting to get cramped in there!  
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  
Stretch marks?: Still no :)
Sleep:   Continuing to get better at sleeping on my side.  I still have to get up once or twice to pee.  
Best moment of this week?:  Spending time with my Aunts, Grandma, and all of my friends at my baby shower.  
Miss anything?:  Sweets!  And cereal!  Since I am now counting carbs because of gestational diabetes, I can't have this stuff anymore.  
Baby Movement/kicks?: A lot of movement!  She is pushing on me more now, I guess because it is getting tight in there.  I can feel an arm/leg/elbow (something) poking out sometimes, which is weird, but cool.  She has also had a lot of hiccups this week.  

Food cravings?:  Milk, sweets, cereal!  Basically the stuff I can't eat.  
Anything making you queasy or sick?: No
Belly button in or out?:  Just barely in still.  
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy!
Looking forward to: Christmas!  
Symptoms I have: Still some heartburn, but not as bad this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment