Friday, December 28, 2012

Week 31


Merry Christmas!  We had a great Christmas at home.  No traveling for us this year.  This week has been pretty good.  I have been more uncomfortable in general.  Adalyn is growing and moving a lot.  We had an OB appointment the day after Christmas.  Baby girl is measuring perfectly and her heartbeat sounds great at 140 beats per minute.  She is a very active little girl!  

We start our birthing class in January.  A little scary that we are at that point already.  Time is going very quickly!  I am excited to meet baby girl and be done with glucose checks, but we still have a lot to do!  Our OB appointments are now every 2 weeks.  

How far along?: 31 weeks
Total weight gain?  2 pounds this month, 19 total
Baby is the size of a:  pineapple
Interesting facts about baby at this stage:   Baby girl is approximately 3.3 pounds with a total length of 16 inches (according to the book).  This week she can turn her head from side to side and she is beginning to plump up as fat continues to accumulate under the skin.  
Maternity clothes?:  All maternity clothes.  
Stretch marks?: Still no :)
Sleep:   Sleep has been bad this week.  I have had crazy dreams and a few nightmares again this week.  I also have not been able to sleep longer than a couple of hours at a time.  I can't get comfortable and Adalyn has been very active, even at night.  If I put any pressure on my belly while on my side she gets upset and starts pushing back.  I still have to get up two or three times to pee.  
Best moment of this week?:  Hearing her heartbeat.
Miss anything?:  Sleep 
Baby Movement/kicks?: A lot of movement!  You can see her shifting from side to side and pushing on my belly.  

Food cravings?:  Milk, Mexican food, and macaroni and cheese.  I am actually doing better with not craving sweets.  I guess it really is true that if you don't eat sweets, you don't crave them (I always doubted that one).  
Anything making you queasy or sick?: No
Belly button in or out?:  Pretty much flush with my belly.    
Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy most of the time.
Looking forward to: New Years, not because we have big plans, just because it is time passing.  
Symptoms I have: A LOT of heartburn again this week.  And it is more frequent throughout the day, not just at night!  Some discomfort in my lower back and pelvis.  
Next Appointment:  January 10th with OB and the Diabetes clinic.


No comments:

Post a Comment